Planning permission

If you want to build a house, you must obtain planning permission from your local authority before you start construction. The law requires that you need planning permission for virtually every significant development. It is important to be aware from the start therefore, that if you fail to obtain planning permission where it is required, you may run the risk of penalties which can carry fines and even imprisonment. You do not have to consult the planning authority before applying for planning permission, but it is usually very helpful to discuss anything you are unsure about. This in turn, may save you a great deal of wasted time. The overall plan for the area where you wish to build your home is called the development plan. This plan is drawn up by your local authority and sets out your local authority's objectives for the use of particular areas where you live, for example, residential areas, industrial areas, agriculture areas. You should look at the development plan before you make an application for planning permission.
If you need to clear a site first, you will need planning permission if you are proposing to make or widen an access onto a public road, or demolish a structure that was last used as a residence, or demolish a building in a terrace, or a building that is attached to another building in separate ownership. There are a number of different types of planning permission. You must not start building before you receive the grant of permission. Sometimes planning permission is subject to conditions, which may require changes to your proposals.
Planning permission normally lasts for two years. If the local authority refuses your application, they will give you the reasons for this, and you then in turn, have time to appeal this decision. You have to pay a fee to your local authority with your planning application. You may also be required to make a contribution to the construction of any road, water supply or sewerage works, which may be necessary.
Visit the municipality office to consult your planning permission in Rača district